NOTE: We are currently NOT ACCEPTING applications for homes as we are already working with several families in Shawano and Menominee Counties. We anticipate opening applications again later this year or in early 2023.
The information below is for when we do open up applications ***
***NOTE: At this time, we are NOT accepting applications for home owner partners. We already have several families that we are working with in Shawano and Menominee counties. We anticipate opening up applications again in summer of 2021. Please check back then. ***
DO YOU QUALIFY?
Habitat has 3 requirements for applicants
1) Need: Are you in need of decent housing? Is your current housing too small, unsafe, poor repair?
2) Ability to Pay: Can you pay a monthly mortgage of approximately $550 per month? (for example, you need to have household annual gross income of ~$26,000-$42,000 for a family of 4 & no judgments)
3) Willingness to Partner: Can you work 250-500
hours on your home with volunteers before moving in?
Once we reopen applications, these are the steps you will follow to apply:
1) Please read the application brochure by clicking on the green banner above.
2) Total household income for the year includes all adults' job incomes, child support, disability payments.
3) Fill out the on-line initial application. (NOT available at this time as applications are on hold due to overwhelming demand)
4) To complete your initial application, we require you to volunteer 8 hours at our store or a construction site so that you can get an idea of what Habitat is all about and we get to know you.
5) Once you put in your 8 hours, we will then do a more in depth application and credit check to see if you qualify.